Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy 2013

I have made it through another year--unbelievable! Time has a way of running off without you and before you know it, another year is behind you. I often ask myself if I used that time wisely and had a productive year as a result of what I did. Honestly, I am guilty of wasting a lot of the precious time we're given to progress and grow. I know I should do better than I have. Hopefully this year I'll buckle down and do things right! I realize a lot of us fall into this same category, not meaning to waste time but it happens. I hope I can accomplish more this year and learn the lessons I need to so I can keep moving forward. There really is so much to learn, both spiritually and temporally. I start my work at the temple again, tomorrow morning, and I'm so excited about that! I had to be put on a 90 day hold because of my health problem--not being able to walk due to an extreme lack of energy. After multiple tests and lots of money spent to figure out what was wrong, I'm still not any closer to finding a diagnosis. That was disheartening, but at least I know what I don't have and I DO know that rest and patience are key anti-dotes to helping me get back on my feet. So I'll have to be content with that and pray it doesn't come back, at least not for a long while. I learned,once more,some valuable lessons this time around,and the number one lesson was to allow Father to be in charge when I've done all I can do. Let Him take the reins and guide me. I found that when I finally gave in and said, "Ok, Thy will be done and I'll be happy with whatever that is," things started falling into place for me and my walking actually improved. I was so grateful for my children who were here to watch over me, help me out, to call people to come check on me, and a daughter who had me come and stay with them for a week because she wanted to help with my situation. It made me realize how much they really do love and care about me. My friends and neighbors were also incredible to bring in meals, stop by to see how I was doing, bring me reading material, and the list goes on. I have the best friends and neighbors on the planet!! I also felt the watchful care of my dear Ford, staying nearby to make sure I was okay. The last time I went through this problem was 25 years ago and we were living in Oklahoma. It hit me much worse and I was down for a very long time. Ford was my main caregiver and he sacrificed a lot to be able to be with me and take care of my needs. I realized then, just how much he loved me because of the loving care he gave me and never complained. This bout only lasted 2 months, so I feel I got off pretty lucky, actually I was very blessed! The holidays were good. I spent Christmas in St. George with my daughter, Natalie, and her cute family. It was good to be part of their family Christmas traditions. They spoiled me with the gifts each of them gave me and it even snowed the day after Christmas while Natalie, Amber, and I were out doing some after Christmas shopping. It was great! I felt Ford had sent the snow for me because I was missing a white Christmas. Salt Lake area certainly had a very white Christmas and I had missed out on it. It was pretty cold in St. George, so we might as well have some snow to go with it to make it worthwhile! I spent New Year's Eve with both my sons and their families who live close to me. I spent the day with Justin, Ashley, and their 2 boys, then Jeff and Tami invited me over for dinner and a Christmas Hallmark movie I had wanted to see. I made it home by 9:00 pm and called it a night, after doing a few things around the house before I went to bed. Ford and I always struggled to stay up and ring in the new year when he was alive, so I decided I didn't need to break our New Year's Eve tradition. I was asleep when the new year arrived. One of my goals for this year is to make better use of my time and be more productive. I want to reach out and serve more in different situations, inching out of my comfort zone to do so if need be. I hope to promote my new book and find those who would benefit from my experiences. I'll see what lies in store for me with that. I'm so grateful for my many blessings; for the love I feel from my Heavenly Father and His tender mercies in my life, and for all those dear family and friends who continue to give me their love, time, and support. I couldn't make it without you!! I love and appreciate each one of you more than you know! I wish everyone a very happy, healthy, and PRODUCTIVE New Year!! May God smile down on you and shower you with His blessings! :)

No comments: